Living & Working in Southern Utah
Gateway Preparatory Academy is a Public Montessori Charter School located in Iron County, Utah, near several national parks such as Zion, Bryce Canyon, and Cedar Breaks. Adventurists and nature lovers will appreciate our rather large back yards – The Grand Staircase National Monument and the Dixie National Forest.
The cost of living is low compared to most areas, even within Utah. Compare the cost of living between where you’re currently living and Cedar City.
Teacher Hiring Requirements
Though not required, the Academy is especially interested in individuals with Montessori Certification and/or experience. We have training from an AMS certified Montessori Instructor when Montessori experience isn’t yet established.
A bachelors degree is required for application and you must be currently licensed in Utah or be able to become licensed, either through cross-licensing from another state or the Alternate Routes to Teacher Licensure program. Montessori Certification can help in the licensing process.
Pay for all positions is depending on experience (DOE). You should expect offered pay to be roughly comparable to nearby school districts, with bonuses for our specific needs, such as Montessori certification.
Quality Work Environment
Teachers work in teams. We sometimes pair more experienced teachers with less experienced teachers, those with more humanities interests with those with a math/science background, etc… so that each teaching team will have a diversity of skills and experience that compliment each other.
Gateway has multi-age classrooms, regularly scheduled training, a very nice brand-new facility, and more flexibility than most public school environments.
Aides will primarily assist teachers in the classroom. Teachers will have much more assistance from aides than is usual in district schools.
Full time employees will have a complete and flexible benefits package based on total compensation, including 401(k) retirement, health and other insurance benefits.
Regardless of opening status, GPA accepts applications anytime for the following positions.
- Elementary Teacher: Preference given for experience with Montessori, and Integrated Curriculums, Bachelors Degree.
- Special Education Teacher: Preference given for experience with Utah Special Education requirements, Montessori, and Integrated Curriculums, Bachelors Degree.
- Special Education Assistant: Preference given for experience with Utah Special Education requirements, Montessori, and Integrated Curriculums.
- Instructional Assistant: Preference given for experience with Montessori and Integrated Curriculums.
- Paraprofessional Assistant: Preference given for experience with Montessori and Integrated Curriculums.
- Janitorial/Cleaning Staff: 2-3 Hours per day from 4 pm to 7 pm aprox.
- FT Spanish or Latin/Spanish Teacher
- PT Latin Teacher
Contact Rob Lee through our main office at (435) 867-5558 to inquire about current or anticipated openings. You may send us your resume’ when completing this form: