Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
THE GATEWAY PREPARATORY ACADEMY PTO IS A VOLUNTEER PARENT ORGANIZATION WHICH ACTS WITHIN THE SCHOOLS ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE. THIS ORGANIZATION WORKS CLOSELY WITH THE SCHOOL ADMINISTRATION TO HELP TO ENGAGE OTHERS IN ACTIVITIES SUPPORTING GPA AND THE MONTESSORI PHILOSOPHY.
PTO Meetings – meetings are the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6:00 pm. We welcome you to join us, and hope to see you soon!!
Please join us Thursday, October 9th for voting and approval of proposed PTO Presidency and Bylaws.
BECOME A VOLUNTEER!!!
Volunteering doesn’t have to be a full time job. We can fit it into your busy parenting schedule. Keep updated with volunteer opportunities via our Facebook page and our Gateway PTO Members Group on the GroupMe app.
Positions still available with the Executive Committee
- Volunteer Coordinator Upper Elementary (4th-5th)
- Volunteer Coordinator Middle School (6th-8th)
- Room Parents – Please make contact with your child’s teacher about how you can help, support, or even if you might be interested in the room parent opportunity in their classroom.
Social Media Links and Apps
SUPPORT OUR ONGOING FUNDRAISING EFFORTS:
- Box Tops For Education – These are found on many General Mills Products, and can be clipped and turned in to our front office. You may also choose to sign up online for more ways to contribute to GPA. Click the following link and enter your area code to get started. Box Tops For Education Website
- Smith’s Earn & Learn – As you shop, Smith’s donates to GPA. Participants must re-enroll every year. To sign up, click on the link below to download our fundraising flyer. Cut off the Smith’s part of the flyer and take it to Smith’s on your next visit. When you go through the checkout have the cashier scan your Smith’s Rewards card, then have them scan the barcode on the flyer. That’s all there is to it. Just remember to re-enroll next year.
- Lins Plus School Cents – 1. Sign up for PLUS Rewards at your local Lin’s
Fresh Market 2. Connect your PLUS Rewards account to your child’s school at linsgrocery.com/plus Log on to your rewards account and select “Nonprofits” 3. Shop at Lin’s Fresh Market Your school will earn one percent of all your purchases
President: Kristie Thacker – firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President: Amanda Keller – email@example.com
Secretary: Christine Fowler – firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Kendra King – email@example.com
Parliamentarian: Mindy Templin
Volunteer Coordinator: Lower Elementery (K-1) – Barbara Feller
Volunteer Coordinator: Middle Elementary (2-3) – Colleen Johnson
Volunteer Coordinator: Upper Elementary (4-5) – Open
Volunteer Coordinator: Middle School (6-8) – Open